No products in the cart.
You can place an order either:
1. On our online store: www.masamotochefknives.com
Shortly after you have placed an order, an email will be sent to you acknowledging the exact details of your order. Should you not receive an acknowledgment within 5 business days, please contact us.
2. By email:
We accept orders by email if accessing our online store is difficult and if you require assistance with a large order, please contact us from the Contact Form.
* Please note that we cannot sell knives to anyone under the age of 18 years.
If the product you ordered is not available immediately, we will contact you with the expected delivery time by email. In case the product you ordered is unavailable or we are unable to provide alternative product, we shall refund the purchase cost to you.
If you require the product to be delivered by a certain date, please contact us before placing an order. We cannot guarantee a specific delivery time, however, we will be able to provide the estimated delivery time.
We accept payment:
1. Credit cards and Paypal.
2. By bank transfer
You can pay by bank transfer in Sterling to HSBC Bank in UK.
Please make a payment in advance including shipping fee and bank charges.
We do not accept cash or any other methods than above. We cannot guarantee the security of data which you send us by email. Please do not send us your payment information by email.
1. Your order will normally be dispatched within one week. We cannot guarantee specific delivery dates.
2. Some items are shipped from the UK by Royal Mail delivery, however traditional Japanese knives are mostly shipped from Tokyo, Japan to customers via EMS (Express Mail Service by Japan Post Service Ltd) .
3. We currently deliver to the countries listed below. For details of EMS, click here to link to their website. EMS can carry 30 kg at one time. For large orders with the total weights of package exceeding 30 kg, they will be shipped in two or more packages.
Delivery charges are dependent on the destinations (Export Zones) and they are automatically calculated for customers online and added to your order.
Import duties or other taxes may apply and we recommend that all customers should check for local charges before placing an order. We cannot be held liable for any import duties and taxes incurred in shipping from us.
Prices of products may change from time to time.Although we try to ensure all our prices displayed on our website are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. If we discover an error in the price of an item you have ordered we will contact you as soon as possible.
1. You can amend or cancel your order placed on online, provided that the order has not yet entered the dispatch process or the order is not personalized for your request such as knives for left-handed users, or knives with engraved blades.
2. It may not always be possible to stop an order as we endeavour to process orders immediately. If the order you wish to cancel is listed as “Items Dispatching Soon” or “Items Dispatched”, it cannot be stopped, though you may return it following our Return Policy. Please note that your right to return item does not apply to certain products. Further details are set out in our Return Policy.
3. The customer is responsible for the Customs fees if applied. If the customer refuses to pay those taxes, your order will be returned to us. Within 3 days after having received the item back, we will refund you the amount of your order after having withdrawn the shipping cost.
You may return an unwanted item for a refund within 14 days of your receipt for the order. Please contact us from the Contact Form. Please note that you are responsible for return shipping costs and risks. We recommend you make a copy of the completed invoice and Return Form for your records.
The following items may not be returned:
＊ Personalised items which have been made to the customer’s request, such as knives for left-handers, blade sharpened and engraved,
＊ Items which are not in their original packaging and condition.
We are sorry but our delivery charges are not refundable. An email will be sent to you to confirm receipt and processing of your return request. Please note that only the products purchased from us may be returned for a refund.
If the item you received is damaged or has any defective, please notify us within 2 days of receipt. For damage resulting from shipping,please take a photograph which shows clearly the damaged area and keep the original item as well as all packing materials, receipts, etc. for future inspection
by the carrier.
If you would like to have your knife sharpened by a professional, you can send your knife to us. The cost of sharpening depends on the knife grade and blade length. Please contact us before you send your knife.
If your knife needs a handle replacement or blade repairing, we can repair it.
Please contact us and we will let you know the cost and delivery charges.
* Our Knife Sharpening and Repairing Services are available only for Masamoto-Sohonten knives purchased from us.